Will I get a dedicated counselor for the entire application and visa process?
Yes. Once you sign up with Falcon International, you will be assigned a dedicated counselor who will guide you through the entire process.
Does Focus Education have any special relationship with Cyprus institutions?
Yes. Falcon International has relationships with a number of Cyprus institutions, giving you the benefit of improved turnaround times for application processing and assessment.
How will Falcon International help me?
Falcon International has been sending students to Cyprus and other countries for the last 5 years. Falcon International has trained counselors who have got experience and expertise to assist students. We provide you with:
- professional counseling and information on various courses and institutions
- Application Forms – Brochures – Guides etc.
- Admission Assistance
- Visa Counseling
- Travel and accommodation arrangement
- Procuring Residential Facilities
- Student Loan
What type of student accommodation is available?
Most of the Institutions offer a range of accommodation from Halls of Residence to Student Apartments. Living in Halls of Residence and Student Apartments is one of the best ways to get to know people when you first come to Cyprus.
- On Campus Residence Hall The Residence Hall has fully furnished double and single rooms with en-suite shower, central heating and cleaning services. The Residence Hall has kitchen facilities, laundry room. Banking facilities are available on the ground floor of the Residence Hall. Students need only to bring personal items such as pillows, sheets and a quilt.
- House Apartments House apartments are situated in quiet neighborhoods just off the Universities/Colleges campus’. Buildings have one and two bedroom apartments designed to provide privacy and independence to students. Each apartment has its own living and dining area, kitchen and bathroom, which are fully furnished with single beds, desks, book shelves, chest of drawers, wardrobes, dining table & chairs. The kitchen is equipped with cooker, oven and refrigerator. All apartments have controlled heating and air conditioning units.
What is the accommodation and living costs in Cyprus?
The cost of accommodation depends on the type of apartment (flat), which the students will decide to rent, and the number of students sharing. The living cost depends on the life style of each student. From experience we know that students who share an apartment and cook their own meals spend about Euro 250 per month.
Can I apply for permanent residence?
There is no necessity for a non-Cypriot owning real estate in Cyprus to hold a permanent Residence Permit. However, application for permanent residence is easy to obtain once the applicant fulfills certain requirements. The application for permanent residence can be made by visiting the local immigration office in the area of residence. Although you may have decided to come and live in Northern Cyprus permanently you cannot apply for permanent residency straight away. You will need to apply and re-apply for a temporary residence permit annually for 5 years before you can apply for your residency permit to be made permanent.
How expensive is Cyprus to study & live?
Cyprus is one of the most economical countries in Europe to live & study. Tuition fee is highly subsidized. Living expenses are similar to any major city of India.
How much should I budget for living expenses?
In addition to tuition and fees, you must budget for living expenses such as the cost of accommodation, food, travel and books. It is estimated that a student should budget for an additional €4,000 to €5,000 for each academic year, but personal expenses will vary to each student’s particular lifestyle.
When do I pay the tuition and fees?
You pay your first semester tuition and fees after receiving your Visa and for each Semester prior to the beginning of classes.
Can I bring dependents to the Cyprus & they can Study or Work as well?
Can I work while studying?
Yes you can! Employment in Cyprus is allowed to all the International Students as per the Aliens & Immigration Law No. 184(1)/2007. You are permitted to work after completing 6 months as registered full time student.
Students can work up to 20 hours a week during classes and up to 38 hours per week during holidays. Students can enjoy of a total 5 months holidays with in a year. Access to Employment opportunities is available throughout the year.